Why You Should Get a Plan
The price tag for replacing a sewer/septic line averages $5,054 USD.*
If your sewer/septic line fails, it can cause:
- clogged/backed up drains inside your home
- sewage flooding in your basement
- sewage backed up in your yard
As a homeowner, you may be (are) responsible for the sewer/septic line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows the repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*Prices shown reflect national average repair costs within the U.S. network as of June 2020. No charge for covered repairs.
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Unlimited service calls ($16,000 per call)
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Your sewer/septic line may weaken and break over time due to damage caused by normal wear and tear, including aging and ground shifting. Because this line is buried underground on your property and not typically inspected, a failure is almost impossible to predict. Without this optional coverage you may be faced with thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket expenses if a breakdown occurs and replacement is needed.
With an affordable plan, eligible homeowners can avoid paying for the costs of covered repairs to the line that takes wastewater away from their home. Help get protection from time-consuming and expensive repair costs with Exterior Sewer/Septic Line Coverage, which includes unlimited annual coverage with multiple service calls up to $16,000 each for covered repairs. This protection covers all types of pipe material regardless of how old it is.
Important coverage information5663
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
Not Eligible 5663
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your exterior sewer/septic line prior to enrollment
- If your entire exterior sewer/septic line is more than six (6) inches in diameter
- Septic tanks; leach fields; lift stations, or any non-conforming drain line, such as a basement or storm drain; repairs to any line that branches off the main line; lines that provide service to multiple properties or secondary buildings; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a leaking or permanently blocked exterior sewer/septic line, for which you have sole responsibility, from the external wall of your residence to your utility's responsibility or the point of connection to your septic tank on your property, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear or tree roots, not accident or negligence. In addition, we will arrange and pay for the repair or replacement of non-functioning grinder pumps.
Not covered: Septic tanks; leach fields; lift stations, or any non-conforming drain line, such as a basement or storm drain; repairs to any line that branches off the main line; lines that provide service to multiple properties or secondary buildings; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your form is processed, giving you 12 months of coverage during the first year.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (less any claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC) to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. For E-Z Pay/Direct Pay, credit card or debit card customers, unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
Service Line Warranties of Canada (“SLWC”), with corporate offices located at 4000 Town Center Boulevard, Suite 400, Canonsburg, PA 15317, is an independent company separate from your local utility or community and now offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of Northcoast Solutions of Canada, ULC, 2200 HSBC Building, 885 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3E8. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect any service you have with your local utility or community.
Exterior Sewer/Septic Line for only $5.83/mo.