Why You Should Get a Plan
Replacing a water service line costs an average of $2,661 USD.*
If your water service line fails, it can cause:
- a visible water leak in your yard
- water leaks in your basement
- low water pressure
As a homeowner, you may be (are) responsible for the water service line on your property, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on this line and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*National average repair costs within the U.S. network as of June 2020. No charge for covered repairs up to your benefit amount.
- Locating the blockage or collapse
- Pipe replacement or repair
- Repair or replacement of seals and joints
- Fitting external valves
- Locating the leak
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Unlimited service calls ($8,000 per call)
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
As your home ages, so does the exterior water service line that brings fresh water to your house. If this line breaks or leaks due to ground shifting, pipe aging, corrosion or extreme temperatures, you could be faced with an expensive repair bill. There's no way to prevent a water service line emergency.
Basic homeowners insurance does not typically cover damage due to normal wear and tear. Be prepared with an affordable repair plan called Exterior Water Service Line Coverage. Help get protection from the high cost of covered repairs with a home service repair plan, which includes an unlimited annual benefit with multiple service calls up to $8,000 each for covered repairs.
Important coverage information5661
- An owner of both a residential home permanently secured to the ground and the land it is located on
Not Eligible 5661
- Recreational vehicles or homes on wheels and properties used for commercial purposes
- If you are aware of any pre-existing conditions, defects or deficiencies with your exterior water service line prior to enrollment
- If your property is used for commercial purposes or your entire exterior water service line is shared with a 3rd party or covered by a homeowners' association or the like
- Repair to any water line that branches off the main water service line; any shared water line that provides service to multiple properties or secondary buildings; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a leaking, frozen, low pressure, or permanently blocked exterior water service line, for which you have sole responsibility or responsibility is shared by no more than one additional dwelling, from your utility's responsibility or external wall of your well casing to the external wall of your home, that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence.
Not covered: Repair to any water line that branches off the main water service line; any shared water line that provides service to multiple properties or secondary buildings; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Additional exclusions apply. You agree to resolve disputes related to this plan by arbitration or in small claims court, without resort to class action or jury trial.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (less any claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC) to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. For E-Z Pay/Direct Pay, credit card or debit card customers, unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Frequently asked questions
Service Line Warranties of Canada (“SLWC”), with corporate offices located at 4000 Town Center Boulevard, Suite 400, Canonsburg, PA 15317, is an independent company separate from your local utility or community and now offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of Northcoast Solutions of Canada, ULC, 2200 HSBC Building, 885 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3E8. Your choice of whether to participate in this service plan will not affect any service you have with your local utility or community.
Exterior Water Service Line for only $4.58/mo.