Interior Plumbing and Drainage Coverage Rail
Why You Should Get a Plan
It can cost up to $632 to repair a leaking wax seal, repair/replace a burst interior water pipe and clear blocked drains.*
Interior plumbing problems can cause:
- burst pipes behind your walls or ceilings
- blocked or slow shower or sink drains
- leaking supply pipe to your water heater
As a homeowner, you may be (are) responsible for the plumbing and drainage lines inside your home, and you may have to arrange and pay for any necessary repairs. This illustration shows repairs that are performed on these lines and how much licensed and insured plumbers would typically charge.
*Average repair costs within the networks of SLWC and its parent company across North America as of June 2020. No charge for covered repairs up to the service call benefit amount.
- Leaking supply pipe to hot water heater
- Repair/replace burst interior water pipe
- Blocked drain
- Broken water valve causing unstoppable water flow
- Leaking wax seal
- Unlimited annual benefit amount
- Unlimited service calls ($3,000 per call)
- One-year guarantee on all covered repairs
Your home has a complex network of plumbing and drainage pipes, valves and drains. Because this network is hidden behind walls or under floors, it makes a failure almost impossible to predict. Blocked sinks or toilet drains, burst pipes or other breakdowns can be inconvenient and stressful and lead to costly repairs.
Eligible homeowners can select Interior Plumbing and Drainage System Coverage from SLWC, which provides an unlimited annual benefit amount with multiple service calls up to $3,000 each for covered repairs. This optional coverage can help protect you from the costs and damages of plumbing and drainage pipe related home emergencies.
Important coverage information
- An owner of a residential single structure, or a unit within a structure, that is not intended to be moved
- Recreational vehicles and properties used for commercial purposes
- If your entire interior plumbing and drainage system is shared with any third party or covered by a homeowners’, condominium or like association
- Appliances; fittings or fixtures, sprinkler systems, spigots, garbage disposals: any non-conforming drain line, such as a basement or storm drain; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Costs on covered repairs may exceed the benefit limit, in which case you pay the difference between the cost and the benefit limit. Additional exclusions apply.
Benefit Details: Coverage provides, up to the benefit amount, for the covered cost to repair or replace a broken, leaking, frozen, or permanently blocked interior plumbing and drainage system, for which you have sole responsibility that supports your residence. Your interior plumbing and drainage includes all of the water supply pipes, pressure reducing valves and all of the drainage pipes connected to the main sewer stack, sump pumps, grinders and back flow prevention devices that are part of your system, within the interior limits of your residence that is damaged due to normal wear and tear, not accident or negligence. Toilet pipes clogged by a material intended to be handled by a toilet are also included. Coverage extends to interior plumbing and drainage that may be embedded under a slab or basement floor.
Not covered: Appliances; fittings or fixtures, sprinkler systems, spigots, garbage disposals: any non-conforming drain line, such as a basement or storm drain; and damage from accidents, negligence or otherwise caused by you, others or unusual circumstances. Costs on covered repairs may exceed the benefit limit, in which case you pay the difference between the cost and the benefit limit. Additional exclusions apply.
Making a Service Call: Your plan starts the day your form is processed, giving you 12 months of coverage during the first year.
Cancellation: You may cancel within 30 days of your start date for a full refund (less any claims paid, where applicable). Cancellations after the first 30 days will be effective at the end of the then-current billing month, and you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund less any claims paid (where applicable). You may also contact Service Line Warranties of Canada (SLWC) to cancel if you find your utility or municipality provides similar coverage to you at no charge, and you will receive a refund less any claims paid (where applicable).
Renewal: The plan is annual. Unless you cancel, your plan automatically renews annually at the then-current renewal price with your same payment terms.
Service Line Warranties of Canada ("SLWC"), a portfolio company of Canadian-based Brookfield Infrastructure, maintains corporate offices located at 4000 Town Center Boulevard, Suite 400, Canonsburg, PA 15317. SLWC is an independent company separate from your local utility or community and now offers this optional service plan as an authorized representative of Northcoast Solutions of Canada, ULC, 2200 HSBC Building 885 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 3E8. Your choice of whether to purchase this service plan will not affect any service you have with your local utility or community. The City of Ottawa and SLWC entered into an agreement to introduce these plans to Ottawa customers. See eligibility requirements and coverage limitations above.
Interior Plumbing and Drainage Coverage for only $6.33/mo.